Difference between revisions of "Cryptodance"
From Gender and Tech Resources
(Created page with "The cryptodance is a performative event to familiarize ourselves with different modes of encryption. Whilst collectively embodying issues of security, privacy, safety and surv...")
Revision as of 15:19, 9 February 2017
The cryptodance is a performative event to familiarize ourselves with different modes of encryption. Whilst collectively embodying issues of security, privacy, safety and surveillance, we converge a technopolitical urgency for sovereignty and a desire for affinities with the body /machine~ living organisms/algorithms.
Cryptodance is developed, in august during the preparations of THF 2016! by an international small constellation of choreographers, hackers, dancers, .... They met, discussed and wrote a choreography combining dance annotations, crypto technics and careful somatic tactics.
Goldjian and bolwerK started plotting the Cryptodance project during a Ministry of Hacking (Esc, Gratz, Austria), where they formed joint(ad)venture of the department of Waves and Shadow and The Department of Care and Wonder.
- Communicating what cryptography is
- Emancipation to develop trust
- Open form of discussion
- Support each other, solidarity
- Introduction to digital human rights
- Technical familiarizartion as a political stance
- Using secure technology and developing careful practices
- Attent!on som(t)a(c)tics; Warm up: trust yourself:
- Praxis: Constitute collective identity
- Expose information, mechanics (algorithm improvisation), embody
- Open discussion
- Interactions of media/audiovisual/ sensory experiments
More information at: